Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
Assessment Requirements: Portfolio of Evidence
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by Innovate Awarding External Quality Advisors (EQAs).
Aims and Objectives of the Qualification
This qualification aims to help Learners develop their knowledge and understanding of caring for those with dementia. Learners will cover areas such as person centred approaches, issues relating to the use of medication for those with dementia and the importance of providing suitable activities. This qualification does not infer competence in the work role but can be used to support the underpinning knowledge and understanding needed for those working in or towards a dementia care role.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. Learners must be aged 16 or above to undertake this qualification.
This qualification is suitable for those who work within the health and social care sectors.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to further learning or training in health and social care, progressing to qualifications such as;
- Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working in Mental Health
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines
- Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
To see full qualification details you will need to log in or apply for an account here.Back To Qualifications List