Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
Portfolio of Evidence
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by Innovate Awarding External Quality Advisors (EQAs).
Aims and Objectives of the Qualification
The qualification provides Learners with knowledge and understanding to help them prepare to care for an individual with learning disabilities or difficulties. The qualification provides an understanding of the principles required to ensure an individual with learning disabilities is provided with person-centred care.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
This qualification is suitable for those who work within the Health and Social Care and Children's Care sectors. It provides Learners with an opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge of learning disabilities care in a wide range of job roles
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress into employment within Health and Social Care and/or working within the Children with Learning Disabilities Care sector.
On completing this qualification, Learners may progress to the following qualifications;
- 600/9166/6 LAO Level 2 Award In Awareness of End of Life Care
- 600/9167/8 LAO Level 3 Award In Awareness of End of Life Care
- 600/5593/5 LAO Level 2 Award in Employment Rights and Responsibilities in Health, Social Care or Children and Young People's Settings
- 600/1670/X LAO Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- 600/8765/1 LAO Level 2 Certificate In the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
- 600/7212/X LAO Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
- 600/7055/9 LAO Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines
- 600/7211/8 LAO Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working in Mental Health
- 600/1907/4 LAO Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Adults) for England
- 600/1668/1 LAO Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- 600/7056/0 LAO Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- 600/1898/7 LAO Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Adults) for England
To see full qualification details you will need to log in or apply for an account here.Back To Qualifications List