Award in Awareness of Dementia
Assessment Requirements Portfolio of Evidence
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by Innovate Awarding External Quality Advisors (EQAs).
Aims and Objectives of the Qualification
The IAO Level 2 Award In Awareness of Dementia assesses Learners' knowledge and understanding of practices in the care of individuals with dementia. This qualification consists of four mandatory units which assess Learners' general awareness of dementia care issues; their knowledge of person-centred approaches, their understanding of factors that can influence communication and the impact that diversity, equality and inclusion can have on the individual's experience of dementia. The qualification does not infer competence in a work role but can be used to prepare for employment or as professional development for those who wish to gain knowledge in this specialist area of practice.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. This qualification is suitable for Learners aged 16+.
This qualification is suitable for those who work within the Health and Social Care Sector as carers, support workers as well family, friends, advocates, representatives and professionals.
This qualification can provide progression on to;
- IAO Level 2 Award in Employment Rights and Responsibilities in Health, Social Care or Children and Young People's Settings
- IAO Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- IAO Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
- IAO Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines
- IAO Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working in Mental Health
- IAO Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Adults) for England
- IAO Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- IAO Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- IAO Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Adults) for England
For details on eligibility for government funding please refer to the following websites:
To see full qualification details you will need to log in or apply for an account here.Back To Qualifications List