Diploma in Personal Training and Business Planning
Assessment Requirements Portfolio of Evidence, Practical Demonstration/Assignment, Coursework
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by Innovate Awarding External Quality Advisors (EQAs).
Aims and Objectives of the Qualification
This qualification is designed to equip Learners with the skills, knowledge, resources and expertise they require to work as personal trainers on a freelance basis or employed directly with a gym environment. As part of this qualification, Learners will gain knowledge of how to grow, develop and create their own business in the Active Leisure market.
Learners will need a REPs recognised Level 2 Fitness Instructor qualification in gym based exercise prior to commencing this course. This qualification should have been completed within the last three years or proof of current REPs status will also be required. It is suitable for those aged 16 and above who want to work as employed or freelance personal trainers.
Learners may progress to roles within gyms or sports and fitness centres or work on a self-employed basis.
On completion of this qualification, Learners may progress to:
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training
- Level 3 Award in Adapting Exercise for Older Adults
- Level 3 Award in Adapting Exercise for Ante and Post Natal Participants
- Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Physical Activity
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Level 3 Award in Employment Rights and Responsibilities in Active Leisure and Learning
To see full qualification details you will need to log in or apply for an account here.Back To Qualifications List