Certificate in Personal Training
Assessment Requirements Portfolio of Evidence, Practical Demonstration/Assignment, Coursework.
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by Innovate Awarding External Quality Advisors (EQAs).
Aims and Objectives of the Qualification
This qualification is designed to equip Learners with the skills and knowledge necessary to personal train within a gym environment. It covers the mandatory units required by the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) to achieve Level 3 Personal Trainer status.
This qualification is suitable for those who work within the Sport, Leisure and Recreation sector. Learners should have gained a suitable Level 2 Fitness Instructing qualification in gym based exercise prior to commencing this course.
Learners completing this course may gain employment within a public or private gym, leisure or activity centre. Progression could be to further training or education including work based qualifications in areas such as leisure, facilities and personal training. On completion of this qualification, Learners may progress to:
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training
- Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training and Business Planning
- Level 3 Award in Adapting Exercise for Older Adults
- Level 3 Award in Adapting Exercise for Ante and Post Natal Participants
- Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Physical Activity
- Level 3 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
To see full qualification details you will need to log in or apply for an account here.Back To Qualifications List