Important Company Announcement
With the news dominated by Coronavirus, I wanted to get in touch and let you know about the steps Innovate Awarding are taking in response to Covid-19.
We are closely monitoring the guidance of the UK Government and World Health Organization regarding the spread of the virus and our focus is to ensure we meet our Apprentices, Employers and Providers needs whilst doing our part to keep our employees safe.
We understand you may be experiencing disruption to your normal business operations and we will be adopting flexible approaches to assessments in the coming weeks and months to accommodate this
ENSURING YOUR APPRENTICES ARE SUPPORTED TO COMPLETE EPA
• Innovate Awarding wish to ensure planned End Point Assessments are impacted as little as possible. In the short term, where possible we will be moving scheduled assessments to be delivered remotely from 18th March 2020.
• Planning Meetings and booking of assessments can continue and we will work to book assessments based on your business requirements during this time.
• Where an assessment is unable to be carried out remotely, we will be looking to reschedule at the earliest opportunity. This will apply to all face to face assessments from 18th March 2020 onwards.
• We are in discussion with The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education (IFATE) to provide guidance on allowing the flexibility on invigilation arrangements, assessment windows and face to face assessments be carried out remotely where this is not currently permitted. More information on this will be made available in the coming days to minimise the impact on apprentices
• In January 2020 we communicated the intent for charging for late cancellations and non-attendance to begin from 1st March 2020, invoiced at the end of the month and onwards. The commencement of this process will be postponed until further notice
HERE IS WHAT WE ARE DOING
• We have established a client experience steering group to ensure we are delivering the best possible experience with End Point Assessment during this period
• Company policies have been reviewed and updated with guidance to manage sickness, self-isolation and remote working
• All Innovate Awarding staff will all be working remotely from 18th March 2020
• Frequent company communications keeping employees aware of our policies, including any change to our operating procedures in response to changes in the Government guidance
Our Business Continuity Management Group are meeting daily to ensure our business continuity plans are implemented effectively as required, and the Group is responding appropriately to any changes in Government advice.
We will continue to update you with any new or relevant information in the coming days and weeks.
If you have any concerns, please do contact your Product Manager or Jess Fowler Jessica.Fowler@innovateawarding.org